Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ethereal 0.10.3 on Windows XP crashes on Linux Vonage VoIP pack

From: Jay Libove <libove-ether@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:55:07 -0400 (EDT)
A coworker and I have both noticed this:  with various versions of Linux
performing the tcpdump, ethereal 0.10.3 will crash if it tries to open a
packet capture of Vonage Voice over IP (UDP port 5060, 5061) traffic.

I get this error from Windows XP:

ethereal.exe: ethereal.exe - Application error
The instruction as "0x0067f0db" referenced memory at "0x00000000".  The
memory could not be "written".

My guess is that the ethereal module for analyzing SIP (which is what
Vonage uses) is crashing.

Has anyone else seen it / how do I formally report it to the excellent
folks who provide ethereal to us all?

tethereal (0.10.a or 0.10.3) on the same Linux machine which tcpdump'd the
packets out in the first place can read the file without crashing.

Thanks
-Jay