Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] seeing devices

From: "Edward Leicester" <kg4qmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:00:13 -0400
I have just downloaded and installed Ethereal 0.10.3 (C) and I can't seem to get it to see traffic from any devices other than the one running the s/w. Even if I build a capture or a display filter, it only sees packets directed to or sent from the PC running the s/w. I've tried it with and without promiscous mode and no luck. I really like the program and it is exactly what I'm looking for to use on my very small home network. But I can't see everything I need to see. I have run this on two different PC's (win98se) with the same results.

Can you help me. Thank you.

73 de Ed/kg4qmi
Edward Leicester
WAS-20m