Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal does not recognize my interface

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:06:57 -0700
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 06:19:58PM +0200, Luca Rolla / PCBOOK.IT wrote:
> My Real and UNIQUE interface to the Internet is not shown...
>
> ALCATEL SPEEDTOUCH CONNECTION
> (USB ADSL PPP ATM...)
>
> Is it not supported?

It might not be:

> (USB ADSL PPP ATM...)
	    ^^^

and

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.16

and

	http://winpcap.polito.it/misc/faq.htm#Q-6

Note that WinPcap 3.0 deliberately refuses to acknowledge the existence
of PPP devices:

	http://winpcap.polito.it/misc/changelog.htm

"NdisWan support:
   o due to the large number of messages reporting problems (blue
     screens) with VPNs, PPTP and such connections, we have disabled the
     support for NdisWan adapters.  As a consequence, it is not possible
     to capture from PPP (neither NdisWanIp, nor NdisWanBh,
     norNdisWanBfIn/Out...).  At the moment we have no plans to fix the
     problem with VPNs, PPTP, PPP unless we get a generous sponsorship."