Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] compilation error

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:18:21 -0700
On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 11:37:12AM -0500, Shai Rubin wrote:
> I'm getting the folowing error:

> /usr/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.

Sounds like a bug in the compiler/assembler (generating bad debugger
information - DWARF is a debugger-symbol table format for the ELF
executable/object file format), or in the linker (not properly handling
valid debugger information - I don't know whether 14 is valid or not).

Do a "make clean" and then try the build again.  If that doesn't work,