Ethereal-users: SV: [Ethereal-users] convert data from radcom prisme lite to ethereal ?

From: "Povlsen Niels, Telia Networks" <nou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:47:34 +0200
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Guy Harris [mailto:guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sendt: Monday, April 14, 2003 12:34 AM
Til: Povlsen Niels, Telia Networks
Cc: Martin Regner; ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Emne: Re: [Ethereal-users] convert data from radcom prisme lite to
ethereal ?

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 08:29:58PM +0200, Povlsen Niels, Telia Networks
wrote:
> Yes I can convert Ethernet trace to sniffer format, but not ATM trace.

Does that mean that PrismLite can't save ATM traces in Sniffer format?
>yes correctly

If so, and if (as I infer is the case from your statement that editcap
couldn't recognize the file) Ethereal can't read your ATM traces
(Ethereal and editcap use the same code to read and write capture files,
so the sets of capture files they can read are the same), the only thing
you can do with Ethereal would be to try to get Ethereal's code to read
PrismLite files to work on your ATM captures, or send us some of the
captures to see if we can get that code to handle those files.  (Note
that "we" doesn't mean "me" - Olivier Abad, for example, is more
familiar with the Radcom file format than I am.)
> okay I will send you some trace in  radcom and txt format, in next
week because I am on holliday.

Another possibility might be to convince the Radcom people to add
support for writing Sniffer ATM files to PrismLite; we can probably help
them by supplying some information on the format of Sniffer ATM
captures, as we can read ATM captures from both the DOS-based and
Windows-based versions of the Sniffer software (although if they accept
our help on that, in exchange, we'd appreciate *their* help in adding
support for reading *their* captures - we've done it all through reverse
engineering, but that doesn't guarantee that we can read any captures
other than the ones we've seen so far).