Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Illegal fragments

From: "Greg O'Rawe" <greg.orawe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:15:26 +0100

Hi,

I am getting the error message “Illegal fragments” when viewing a snoop of traffic between my WAP server and client.

The server is using WTP SAR to segment the reply, and all seems fine until the last packet is reached (WTP TTR flag 1). At this point the “Illegal fragments” message is report against the last segmented packet, and looking at the “WTP Fragments” link under the WTP section it reports error “Conflicting data in fragment overlap: True” for the last packet, and then this message plus “Fragment overlap: True” when the server attempts to retransmit the final packet.

I can’t see anything about this error anywhere, and it appears that the data in some bytes of the payload is overlapping. However I can’t see why this is the case, looking at the header bytes of each WTP segment, and since I know that the server is generally reliable in this area.

Can someone provide an explanation as to what exactly the problem might be?

Thanks

Greg O’Rawe