Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] (no subject)

From: "Jambunathan Kalyanasundaram" <k_jambunathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:12:26 +0530

Hi !

I am new to Ethereal and I would like to know
whether it is possible to do Layer-3 and above
logging using Ethereal.

ie Can I log packets and read those captured
packets without having a MAC Ethernet header.

Please don't spit back saying that the question
is non-sensical.

Mainly I am interested in having Ethereal on
NetWare. Strangely enough NetWare doesn't provide
any mechanisms to see the MAC Header of a
transmitted packet.

Also is there an Netware port of Ethereal or
do you know of anyone working on a possible port.

Regards,
Jambunathan K.

War on Iraq. See latest update. http://server1.msn.co.in/completecoverage/bushvssaddam/ News, views and more