Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] VMS distribution.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:49:17 -0800
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:41:56AM -0500, timothy.flynn@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I was unable to find a VMS distribution on your site..

That's because we don't have one.  It is not necessarily the case that,
for some arbitrary operating system, there is a version of Ethereal for
that operating system.

> Where would I find
> a distribution for tracing VMS UCX or TCPIP Services?

Nowhere, as far as I know.  I know of nobody who's ever ported Ethereal
- or any of the libraries on which it depends, such as libpcap, GLib,
GTK+, etc. - to VMS.  Perhaps somebody has; if so, somebody interested
in a VMS port of Ethereal would then have to get those ported versions,
and attempt a port.