Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] filtering input from a capture file

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:12:58 -0800
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:56:07PM -0700, earl eiland wrote:
> I'm entering the following command line to filter input from a capture
> file.  It's not working.  What's wrong?
>
> ethereal -r /inputfile -R "ip.src == aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd"

What were you expecting it to do?  I.e., what would it do if it were
working, and what's it doing instead of working?

I tried such a command line, with the current CVS version of Ethereal
(although that code path hasn't changed in a while, so it should at
least work with recent releases) and Ethereal displayed a capture
showing only packets coming from IP address aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd.