Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Supported PT code for RTP Packets

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:45:12 +0100
Sorry, I sent the message before it was ready.

I sent an extract from the RTP dissector.

The values are the reserved payload types as defined in e.g. RFC 1890.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/rtp-parameters

However for most of these payload types Ethereal will not do any specific decoding.
There is only specific dissectors for H.261 and MPEG I/II, as Guy Harris wrote:

Payload types in the range 96 to 127 are dynamic payload types and in order to know what is sent
in those RTP packets you may have to look e.g. in the corresponding Session Description Protocol (SDP, that is
used together with SIP, RTSP etc.) messages or H.323 (H.245/H.225.0) in order to know what's included in those RTP packets.

* RTP Payload types
* Table B.2 / H.225.0
* Also RFC 1890
*/
#define PT_PCMU  0
#define PT_1016  1
#define PT_G721  2
#define PT_GSM  3
#define PT_G723  4
#define PT_DVI4_8000 5
#define PT_DVI4_16000 6
#define PT_LPC  7
#define PT_PCMA  8
#define PT_G722  9
#define PT_L16_STEREO 10
#define PT_L16_MONO 11
#define PT_MPA  14
#define PT_G728  15
#define PT_G729  18
#define PT_CELB  25
#define PT_JPEG  26
#define PT_NV  28
#define PT_H261  31
#define PT_MPV  32
#define PT_MP2T  33
#define PT_H263  34

static const value_string rtp_payload_type_vals[] =
{
{ PT_PCMU, "ITU-T G.711 PCMU" },
{ PT_1016, "USA Federal Standard FS-1016" },
{ PT_G721, "ITU-T G.721" },
{ PT_GSM, "GSM 06.10" },
{ PT_G723, "ITU-T G.723" },
{ PT_DVI4_8000, "DVI4 8000 samples/s" },
{ PT_DVI4_16000, "DVI4 16000 samples/s" },
{ PT_LPC, "LPC" },
{ PT_PCMA, "ITU-T G.711 PCMA" },
{ PT_G722, "ITU-T G.722" },
{ PT_L16_STEREO, "16-bit uncompressed audio, stereo" },
{ PT_L16_MONO, "16-bit uncompressed audio, monaural" },
{ PT_MPA, "MPEG-I/II Audeo"},
{ PT_G728, "ITU-T G.728" },
{ PT_G729, "ITU-T G.729" },
{ PT_CELB, "Sun CELL-B" },
{ PT_JPEG, "JPEG" },
{ PT_NV, "'nv' program" },
{ PT_H261, "ITU-T H.261" },
{ PT_MPV, "MPEG-I/II Video"},
{ PT_MP2T, "MPEG-II transport streams"},
{ PT_H263, "ITU-T H.263" },
{ 0,  NULL },
};