Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal and WLAN analysis

From: "darren" <teodarren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 09:57:05 +0800
Hi all,

Are there any programs out there that can take in a libpcap capture file
an offer me some form of statistics for WLAN traffic?

I am using Ethereal to do maintenance on my campus WLAN but found it
very difficult to do analysis of WLAN traffic with it. Example, I would
like to know the number of access points within range in a particular
lab and the number of people using it.

I know there are some programs like AirTraf and Kismet that does this,
but I don't think they can read from capture files, just live traffic.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Darren