Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How do I apply the Display filter ??

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:15:45 -0700
On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 06:56:38PM +0200, Thomas wrote:
> I using Ethereal 0.9.6 at Windows 98SE.  It works ok, except that I
> can't figure out how to apply my created display filter.
> According to the manual (0.8.19 !?) it should ba an "Apply" button to
> be "pressed" for applying the filter at the displayed packets.  But
> there is no such button in menu Edit->Display filters ! (Only "Save" and
> "Close")

That's because you're editing the list of display filters (using
"Edit->Display Filters") rather than filtering the current display (by
clicking on the "Filter:" button at the bottom of the screen.

Try using the "Filter:" button instead.  Note that, when you create a
filter, you do *NOT* have to give it a name in order to use it to filter
the display, and you do *NOT* have to add it to the list of stored
display filters.