Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Capture from STDIN or a pipe

Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:12:55 -0500
Has anyone successfully managed to direct two streams of network traffic
into a pipe, then capture with ethereal?  If so, would you share some info
on setting this up?

Basically we are using a network tap which divides the traffic into
separate directions (so as to not overrun a 100 meg NIC on a full duplex
link).  We would like to put this traffic back together within the system
somehow before capturing it with ethereal.  I'm not smart enough to know
how to do that.

Thanks in advance!

-Eric