Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ethereal-0.9.5 on WIN2K

From: Adrian Horton <adhort02@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 06:57:03 -0700 (PDT)
I have a fresh install of WIN2K, service packs 1 & 2. I installed WINPCAP-2.1
and Ethereal-0.9.6. I have a USB connection (no Ethernet NIC). When I
double-click the ethereal icon on my desktop I get a brief window that says:

Program Error

ethereal.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

I am running as Administrator, I don't see any log (unless it's in the system
log), this is persistant and I get no Ethereal GUI.

Any idea what may be the problem?

Thanks,

AH