Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Learn more

Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:31:27 -0700
Definitely explore www.packet-level.com as suggested by the other user.  Laura Chappell has some excellent texts
that you can purchase via the internet from  www.podbooks.com.  There
should also be a link to these books from the packet-level site.

Another book I like is Network Monitoring and Analysis, A Protocol Approach to Troubleshooting by Ed Wilson.  Also get yourself some really good references on TCP/IP.
If you're like me, you'll be referring to them constantly.  You can find
books and others like it on Amazon.com.

Here are some other web sites I have found useful.

http://www.sangoma.com/ttuts.htm
http://www.ipprimer.com/
http://www.acterna.com/united_states/technical_resources/index.html
http://www.pmg.com/netanalyst/index.htm
http://www.networkuptime.com/index.html
http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/sniffing-faq.html - excellent faq
http://winpcap.polito.it
http://windump.polito.it
http://compnetworking.miningco.com/mbody.htm
http://grc.com/oo/packetsniff.htm
http://www.subnetonline.com/
http://www.nlanr.net/NA/
http://www.networkuptime.com/links/
http://moat.nlanr.net/
http://mictlan.sfsu.edu/~dachen/documents/Overview.htm
http://www.theinternetbook.net/

Security oriented sites

http://project.honeynet.org
http://www.securityfocus.com/

NOTE:  Many of these sites have other links and reference lists that
suggest good books on this subject.  Make sure you look for those as well
as the links I have provided.  I haven't done a good search on this
subject in maybe six to eight months.  There may be many more sites out
there.  Please let me know if you find additional sites.  This is a
subject area I like to keep updated on.

I hope this helps.  I think you will find this to be a very interesting
subject to study.

Jeanne

"cplusplus" <cplusplus@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ethereal-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx