Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Mapping Interface in Ethereal to physical interface...

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:53:37 -0700
At 12:34 pm 08/28/2002, Guy Harris wrote:
On Windows, with recent versions of Ethereal, the list in the combo box
should give a human-readable description of the interface; again, that
should help if the interfaces are different types of cards.

There is a slight bug with this in Ethereal 0.9.5, at least on Win2000.

The first time the Capture dialog box is opened after starting Ethereal it does show the human-readable form. The second and subsequent times it shows the '\Device\Packet...' form. The drop-down list always shows the human readable form.