Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Error making 0.9.6 on Solaris 2.6

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:06:32 +0200
Chip,

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 04:17:34PM -0400, Morgan, Chip E. wrote:
> configure:5658: checking for glib-config
> configure:5693: checking for GLIB - version >= 1.1.0
> configure:5792: gcc -o conftest -D_U_="__attribute__((unused))" -Wall -W -g
> -O2 -I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include   conftest.c
> -L/usr/local/lib -lgmodule -lglib -ldl  1>&5
> configure: In function `main':
> configure:5764: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> configure:5765: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> configure:5765: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> configure:5766: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> configure:5766: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> configure:5766: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 5716 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
>
> #include <glib.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>

I don't really have a clue why this is failing. I've created a new
tarball based on the current cvs sources using a newer automake
and autoconf than the one used to create the release version. Maybe
there are errors in the created configure file.  Please test this
version if possible. The location is
http://www-agrw.informatik.uni-kl.de/~jmayer/ethereal-0.9.6.tar.gz
Just unpack it to a new location and follow standard procedure.

  Ciao
           Jörg