Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] bug? in 0.9.6 win32 binary: time display format

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:03:36 -0700
On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 04:05:25AM +0000, Jack Spaar wrote:
> I'm getting funny time indexes on captures with 0.9.6
> under win98.  They look like this (I had to hand type this because
> I don't see how to copy to the windows clipboard):

There is no way to copy stuff from the packet-list pane or the protocol
tree pane to the clipboard (and that's not a Windows issue, there's no
such operation in Ethereal, period).

> I never saw this on previous version, but I think I
> also updated winpcap on this box if that matters.

It does matter, as it's a WinPcap issue:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.21

Earlier versions of WinPcap also had a bug with the time stamps, but it
didn't manifest itself as blatantly.