Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] copy text on windows?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:18:07 +0200
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 02:11:43PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> > gtk-1.3.dll. Is there a different version I can try?
>
> Beats me.  I don't know whether Ethereal would work with the current 2.0
> versions of GTK+ and GLib, but I suspect it wouldn't.

I've tried it and it definitely doesn't work for the gtk+ stuff. It does
for glib so in case of tethereal, things are fine.

So in case you (or anyone else who is dissatisfied with the current
gtk-implementation on Windows) want to work on it, you have at least
two options: 1) Someone is working on a native Windows GUI - just search
the ethereal-dev mailinglist archives, there is a prototype already
and 2) work on a gtk+ -> gtk+2 port.

 Ciao
       Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know