Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] copy text on windows?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:20:56 -0700
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 02:39:29PM -0400, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
> Is there any way to Copy (to the clipboard) data out of the windows
> version of ethereal?

Copy from where?

You can copy from text fields using Ctrl+C.

> I've got 0.9.6, and can't find any option to do
> such a thing.  It would be particularly useful in the "Follow TCP
> Stream" window...

Ctrl+C appears to work there on UNIX+X (as that's implemented as a
multi-line text field); I suspect it'll work in Windows as well.

The first two panes in the main Ethereal display are not implemented as
text fields, and there's currently no support for copying those to the
clipboard; that may eventually be added.