Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] One-Way Capture 0.9.5

From: Steve Currie <curries@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:30:06 -0400
Guy, thank you for the reply and clarification.
I do have promiscuous mode token ring adapter (I know this from using other
tools and having applied the update some time ago).  I disabled the
promiscuous mode from the capture dialog within Ethereal and I am now able
to see both inbound and outbound communications.  The only messages I do not
see are LLC messages (ring poll, etc.) that as you pointed out are probably
due to the WinPcap driver.  This also worked for the Cisco Aironet card.