Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] sprintf_realloc_objid

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:56:30 -0700
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:47:56AM -0400, mclinden@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have seen threads like this, before, so accept my apologies for the fact
> that there does not seem to be, in the archives, a good fix.
>
> I am compiling ethereal-0.9.6 with ucd-snmp-4.2.5 and get the error:
>
> UCD SNMP header files found, but sprintf_realloc_objid not found in SNMP
> library (though "nm" clearly indicates it is).
>
> Is there a recommended fix

I have no idea what the cause is, so I can't recommend a fix.  (I also
can't take ownership of this problem, so replies should be sent to the
list, not to me.)

You'd have to look at the "config.log" file produced by the configure
script to see why "sprint_realloc_objid" (which is what the error
message said, not "sprintf_realloc_objid") wasn't found.  Search for
"sprint_realloc_objid", and see what errors were reported.