Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] displaying entire ppp packet

From: "Mr. Adam ALLEN" <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Aug 2002 19:26:26 +0100
I am looking to be able to capture the PPP packets travelling through my
PPP interface (ppp0)- local link between two computers.

Although using Ethernet some ethernet-frame information is extracted
(MAC-addresses), but not Preamble, Start Frame Delimiter.... are the MAC
addresses just found from the ARP table rather than the Ethernet frame?

What I need to do is view the entire PPP frame; Ethereal seems to only
grab the IP packet from the ppp frame. Is it possible to view the entire
frames travelling down a link (maybe need to change source? any hints as
to where to look).

I've been searching high and low and can't find a tool which displays
the data-link layer? Surely this must be possible.

Thanks,
Adam