Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 2000 AND WSP POST

From: "Maria Antonia Liberal" <Maria.Liberal@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:23:49 +0100
I send you a file with one packet with problems. The problem happens on packet nº 9.

In all the traces I took, always happens when I read one packet like this (WSP Post)

Thank you.
 <<trace.cap>>

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 05:16:13PM +0100, Maria Antonia Liberal wrote:
> I am using Ethereal 0.9.5 and Windows 2000. I can not do filters on
> the traces.  I think the problem happens when the traces have packets
> WSP Post, because every time I put the mouse on that kind of traces, I
> get:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error! Program
> c:\program files\ethereal\ethereal.exe
>  abnormal program termination
>
> and Ethereal crash.
>
> Some help?

We'd have to see the traces in order to debug the problem.

If the capture came from sniffing with Ethereal, and hadn't been saved
to a file, it'll be either in C:\Temp or in whatever your personal
temporary file directory is (on Windows 2000, probably

	C:\\Documents and Settings\{your login name}\Local Settings\Temp

) with a name starting with "etherXXXX".