Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Compiling on AIX using vac.C seems broken

From: "M. A. M. Felt" <mamfelt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:30:11 +0200
All seems to be working well until the make just falls apart. I suspect libtool 'problems'. PHP is also libtool 'damaged'.

Bythe way, 0.9.2 compiled without problems (except for a problem with some macro name conflicts which were corrected immediately!).

As an attachment:
output from
./configure --sysconfdir=/opt --enable-dftest --enable-randpkt
complete nohup.out from initial make
and the generated libtool.
I also have a version of libtool installed (ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52)) that the package may be ignoring. This may be what is 'breaking things' (the ltmain.sh file in ethereal0.9.5 says the same).

For good measure I am including the generated config.h file as well (well, one of them, from the root directory).

Thanks for the assistance.

Michael Felt (mamfelt@xxxxxxx)