Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] (No Subject)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:40:48 -0700
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 10:35:28PM +0100, Alistair.McGlinchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by "trigger".

I assume by "trigger" he means what it means (from what I remember) in
some other packet analyzers, namely a Boolean expression that tests the
contents of packets, and that causes packets to start to be saved when a
packet for which the expression is true is seen.

That would be used in a case where "interesting" traffic is defined as
"traffic following a packet of a particular type".