Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] trying to decode a protocol?

From: Mike Eggleston <mikee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:10:16 -0500
Hi,

I like the ethereal package and I find it more useful that tcpdump.
My goal is to decode the protocl and packet structure used by the application
TradeStation 6. This application authenticates the user with the company's
servers on the internet, then sends the application the requested historical
stock data, then as time goes by the company's servers forward real-time stock
data.

I am a subscriber to the company. As such I am not attempting to siphon
real-time stock data for my own free use. I have some things I want to do with
their application that they do not support. I know the commands are in the
data stream. I need to decode the datastream so that I can inject my own
commands into the data stream.

My question is, can anyone either help me decode the packets, decode the
packets for me, give me the already decoded packet format, or some other
equally as useful information.

Mike