Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Shomiti/snoop format

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:48:23 -0700
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 09:43:14AM -0400, Tony Fortunato wrote:
> I know this is an old issue, but is there a format I can save my traces in
> so i can open it in my Fluke/Shomiti protocol analyzer.

The only formats Ethereal has are the documented ones.

> Fluke/Shomiti is supposed to save in a standard Snoop format, but doesn't
> seem to work.

Then either

	1) there's a bug in the Ethereal code to write out snoop files

or

	2) the Shomiti analyzer can't read standard snoop files.

> I have reviewed the spec

Which spec?  The Shomiti file format spec, or the snoop file format spec
(RFC 1761)?

> and flipped a few values around with a hex editor to get it to work,

So you've presumably discovered something that's either

	1) a bug in the Ethereal code to write out snoop files

or

	2) a change that needs to be made to standard snoop files in
	   order for them to be readable by the Shomiti software.

What was it you found?

> but would like to know if you folks
> will support their format without modifying the file.

I don't have a copy of the Shomiti software, so I can't do anything
without information about the 1) or 2) above.