Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] printing in ver 0.9.5 on win2k

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:06:56 -0700
On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 06:20:15PM -0400, Lehrer, Neil (OIG/OAS) wrote:
> i just tried to print a packet on my locally attached pcl 6 printer
> and i got a page of symbols.

Is that "print a packet" as in "control-P", printing a single packet?

If so, I tried it with 0.9.5 at work, printing to a networked HP
PostScript printer on Windows 2000, and it worked.

I also tried it to a local printer at home, with the current CVS code,
and it worked.

There were some bugs fixed in that code since 0.9.5; I wouldn't expect
them to cause that problem, but perhaps they would.

Note also that your preferences for printing should be for printing as
plain text, not PostScript, on Windows if you want control-P to work.