Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] setting protocol preferences

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:38:42 -0700
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 01:36:22PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 01:50:44PM -0600, muguira wrote:
> > I'm running Ethereal 0.9.5 on a Windows 2000 machine and, when I try to
> > change any of the parameters under Preferences/Protocols/iSCSI, the
> > program crashes.
>
> That's a bug in 0.9.5.  It will be fixed in the next release.

...and the only workaround is to install WinPcap.  See

	http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/

which says

	There is a bug in Ethereal 0.9.5, when it is run on Windows
	without having WinPcap installed, that causes it to crash if you
	attempt to change any preference settings; the only workaround
	is to install WinPcap.