Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] RMON?

From: Scott Fringer <fringsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:25:18 -0400 (EDT)
Actually, using the 6500's NAM you can capture data (it actually uses
Ethereal to capture the packets), and then pull it off the NAM and view
it/manipulate it within Ethereal (since the web-frontend to view captured
data on the NAM is pitifully slow and not very friendly).  That's what I
do here... I don't do anything with the RMON side of things for packet
analysis; simply use that for watching 'interesting' hosts/conversations.

Scott

Scott Fringer                              Shands Healthcare @ U.F.
Network Systems Analyst                        Gainesville, FL