Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] How to divide large capture file

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:27:41 +0100
Takuya,

> I have very large capture file(500MB) and would like to
> divide into smaller files.
>
> Is there any utility to do such thing?

Have you tried edicap? It should be in your ethereal install direcory?

D:\ethereal\editcap -r input.dmp output0001-1000.dmp 1-1000
D:\ethereal\editcap -r input.dmp output1001-2000.dmp 1001-2000

It works for me on small files. But I haven't played with it using a 500MB
trace.

Check editcap.html for some more documentation.

Alistair

Registered Office:
Marks & Spencer p.l.c
Michael House, Baker Street,
London, W1U 8EP
Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

The registered office of Marks and Spencer Financial Services PLC, Marks and Spencer Unit Trust Management Limited, Marks and Spencer Life Assurance Limited and Marks and Spencer Savings and Investments Limited is Kings Meadow, Chester, CH99 9FB.