Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] New User

Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:37:51 +0100
 Dear all,
 I've just installed ethereal for the 1st time on my laptop...
 win98. I'm connecting to our Novell network and I cant do any of the
 basics!! I've printed out the manual but I cant make head nor tail of what

 to do. Basically I want to capture packets to and from our servers. I
 created a capture and display filter with the tag ip.addr==(our servers
IP)
 but nothing happens? When I do a live capture it just streams down the
page
 with all sorts of stuff, ncp, ddtp etc. I just want to see data packets
 hitting our servers. Is this possible?
 Also are there any very basic user guides for this tool. it looks very
 powerful, but I've spent all day on it and got no where so far!
 BTW when I try to colourize my filters it just kills my machine? Is this
 normal?

 Thanks in advance.