Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Capture file

From: "Beatriz Silva" <beatriz_hargrave@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 04:57:50 -0500
Thanks Guy !

Now I have found the following files in the tmp directory:

etherXXXX7FmSGU
etherXXXXG21vKA
etherXXXXvVHyuE
etherXXXXzV301P

But I could not understand the data they contain (I openned them in a normal text editor - kwrite) ... In what type of program shoul I open them ?

I runned the Ethereal again and the first file changed its name. Now I have:

etherXXXX1NzDLX
etherXXXXG21vKA
etherXXXXvVHyuE
etherXXXXzV301P

Do you understand what this numbers and letters after the XXXX mean ?

Thank you,
Beatriz