Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Gdk-Error **: Palettized display (256-colour ) mode not sup

From: Nicoson Dave <NicosonD@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:16:31 -0500
http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q4.19

Q 4.19: Why do I get the error
Gdk-ERROR **: Palettized display (256-colour) mode not supported on Windows.

aborting....
when I try to run Ethereal on Windows?
A: Ethereal is built using the GTK+ toolkit, which supports most
UNIX-flavored OSes, and also supports Windows; that toolkit doesn't support
256-color mode on Windows - it requires HiColor (16-bit colors) or more. If
your display supports more than 256 colors, switch to a display mode with
more colors; if it doesn't support more than 256 colors, you will be unable
to run Ethereal.