Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] DNS decoding

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:26:17 -0700
On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 04:37:00PM +0200, Alban ROCHETEAU wrote:
> 	Hi, i am a user of Ethereal and I remark that Ethereal wasn't
> decoding the IXFR (question type: 251), is there any plan to improve
> the DNS protocol decoding?

There are no official plans to put IXFR support in - or to do anything
else, for that matter; protocol decoding improves when people send us
code to improve it - there are no official plans to make any particular
dissector improvements, there are only individuals improving dissectors.

That doesn't mean it won't happen, it just means that it'll happen only
if somebody makes it happen.