Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] "parse error"

From: Rainer Haseneder <R.Haseneder@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:41:09 +0200
Hello Ori,

I have just started using Ethereal and have the idea that it cannot just search the
captured stream for any random string, but only for defined expressions that you
would create the following way, i.e. you must provide a condition:

-start Ethereal
-click on "Filter" at the left bottom of the window
-click on "Add Expression..."
-select the field name and step down the tree if required
-select the relation
-type in the value, e.g. "h225",
-click on "OK", "Apply" and "Close"
-now start capturing

! You must know, which parameter can have the value "h225" !

Hope it helps

Rainer from sunny Germany