Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Will not hold config

From: Jeff Peterson <jpeterson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:41:19 -0700
I'm using 0.9.4, and WinPcap 2.3.  I've tried all the obvious menu
selections, but thanks for pointing them out anyhow.

A search of the registry for the first 8 chars of the device name yields a
key:
	HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EAPOL\Parameters\InterfaceList
With a value of:
	\DEVICE\{2D18A118-4601-45AA-B1CE-FD67381EDA23}

A re-install of the product yields the same result.

Changing the above mentioned key to '\device\packet_{2D18A...' causes the
product to work between sessions begun during the same program launch, but
if you exit Etehereal, you have to set it again next time.  This happens
even if you set the preferences through the menus, as you suggested.

Jeff Peterson