Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal uninstall.exe, Momma-B virus

From: Simon Coffey <Simon.Coffey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:19:47 +0100
Hi,
My virus scanner (Sophos) this morning informed me (and several colleagues running Ethereal) that Ethereals UNINSTALL.EXE is infected by the Momma-B trojan. Looking at the description of the virus, this is 99% sure a false positive, but I thought someone should know!

regards
Simon Coffey

Please note that:

1. This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this
  confidential email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must not disclose, copy, circulate
  or in any other way use or rely on this information.
2. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business
  practices.
3. The contents of this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.
4. The company does not conclude contracts by email and all negotiations are subject to contract.
5. The company accepts no responsibility once an e-mail and any attachments is sent.

Integralis Ltd.
Theale House, Brunel Road
Theale, Reading RG7 4 AQ, UK
Tel: +44-118-930-6060