Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Timing on NAI sniffer captures

From: Chris Klomp <cklomp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 18:56:44 -0400
At 13:52 04-06-02 -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
Note that

        1) there's more than one type of Sniffer file -

I am using the Windows based sniffer. I'll have to check if it was even the DSS?
... Nope it was the standalone one...
        2) at least one person appears to have found that if they tried
           to read, *with the Windows Sniffer software*, a (Windows)
           Sniffer from one of their machines on at least one other
           machine, the time stamps came out wrong.

Very interesting... >:-(
I'll do some investigating myself with the Sniffer programs.
See what the consensus is among the Sniffers about the timing.

Thanks so far... I really like Ethereal and hope to be able to use it for the sniffer traces (sniffer is our official tool), Chris.