Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Display Filter: one or more occurences.

From: Gary Taylor <gctaylor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:05:16 -0800
Hi,

Can I filter for one or more occurences of a specific hex value
in any portion of a field?  I don't think so, but thought I would
ask.

I have Telnet 3270 data and I want to search the entire data
field for the existence of one or more 05.  When I specify my
filter string as telnet[05] == 05 I get a match.  But that is the
only way.  Can I search the entire field for multiples?

>From reading I would have thought the following would work but it
doesn't yield anything at all, not even the previously matched
frame that I know exists.

telnet[0:] == 05  doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,