Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problems Installing ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:13:11 -0800
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 02:07:39AM -0800, laila khreisat wrote:
> I am trying to install ethereal on a PC running under windows 2000
> professional.
>
> But the extraction/installation process does not succed.  What could
> be the reason?

Unfortunately, as you didn't say what happened *instead* of a successful
installation, I can only try to guess what the reason was....

One common problem is that you download the install, but you get an
error when you try to run it.  This may be due to the installer being
downloaded incorrectly by whatever program you used to download it - for
example, the program might "helpfully" download it in ASCII mode rather
than binary mode.

See the item in the FAQ on this:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q2.1

if that's what the installation problem was.