Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Can't get SNMP MIBs to install

From: Wes Hardaker <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:03:13 -0800
>>>>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:43:37 -0800, "Ethereal ( newbie at packet analysis )" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

ethereal> ( looks like the " C " drive is hard coded into the
ethereal> installation code ) ( this code should accept the drive
ethereal> letter that was specified earlier ) ( and install were
ethereal> ethereal is being )

If you compile the ucd-snmp package yourself (get it from
http://www.net-snmp.org/downloads/ ) then you can change where it
looks for MIBs.

Also, you should be able to set the MIBDIRS environment variable to
the location of where you actually have it installed before running
ethereal.  I don't use windows, so I can't tell you how to set
environment variables there.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."