Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] latest versions stop capturing token ring

Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:00:43 -0600
>So the post-0.8.18 version *do* work on the Ethernet interface, but
>don't work on some other type of interface?

You are correct .

>If so, what type of interface is that?

Olicom GoCard Token-Ring PC (OC-3221)

>Were you using WinPcap 2.2 with 0.8.18 as well as with the later
versions, or did you upgrade WinPcap?

Same WinPcap.  I did some testing yesterday and installing different versions of
ethereal (without touching winppcap) produced different results.  8.18 was
capturing packets (though is some strange pattern - only capturing inbound
packets - i.e. if I did a ping I would see echo reply, but no echo requests).
However later versions did not capture any packets whatsoever.

Thank you, Tony.

Tony Gordon (tony.gordon@xxxxxxxxxx)
Information Systems
Hewitt Associates LLC
100 Half Day Rd., Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Fax: (847) 295-8877

|--------+------------------------------->
|        |          Guy Harris           |
|        |          <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>     |
|        |          02/19/2002 06:37 PM  |
  |      To:          Tony Gordon/National/Hewitt Associates@Hewitt Associates |
  |       NA                                                                   |
  |      cc:          ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx                              |
  |      Subject:   Re: [Ethereal-users] latest versions stop capturing token  |
  |       ring                                                                 |