Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Problem with ethereal in WinXP

From: "Evans, TJ" <tjevans@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:10:09 -0400
I figured as much, I wanted to
(a) verify that
(b) see if anyone had seen similar results
(c) see if anyone had any troubleshooting ideas
(d) see if there is a resolution, assuming it wasn't just a "I BROKE IT"

And, after trying WinDump out I got:
windump: listening on\Device\Packet_{D5A7CCF8-92D2-4C2C-AD15-A3F0ADC29D65}
windump: Error opening adapter: The system cannot open the file.

SO ... I tried installing winpcap 2.2 beta ...
To no avail.

So, it is a "feature" in WinXP ... damnit.
Any additional input gladly accepted ...

Thanks!
TJ