Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] How do I trace packet loss with ethereal?

From: "Loughrey, Frank" <floughrey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:04:01 -0400
I am using 2 Windows 2000 PCs with a span set between 2 ports on a Cisco Catalyst 4006. I am definitely losing packets throughout my network and I need to trace an ftp session between these 2 ports to verify exactly where the packets are being dropped. I've searched through the archives and tried different things with the GUI, but I am unable to trace packets from one PC to the other. Can anyone send me some instructions on this? Or tell me what I need to do? Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Frank X. Loughrey
Network/Systems Administrator
Trendium, Inc. www.trendium.com