Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] some wtp/wsp packets cannot be read by ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 01:49:44 -0700
On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 08:13:13AM +0000, Neil Hunter wrote:
> Ethereal won't naturally detect these packets as WAP as neither the source nor
> destination ports are in the 9200-9203 range.

The WSP dissector update I checked in a while ago dissects Redirect PDUs
and, if possible, sets up a conversation and sets its dissector so that
the redirected conversation will be dissected the same way the original
WAP conversation was.

> Thanks for the capture though, there's some new headers in there I haven't
> implemented the decoding for yet so I'll work on those :)

That might've been the capture that provoked me to redo a lot of the WSP
dissector; if so, the only header it doesn't completely handle is
Accept-Application - it doesn't interpret the value.