Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] frame length (ethereal 0.8.18 and preferences)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:39:44 -0700 (PDT)
> how can I show the length of a frame in the upper window?
>
> I change the columns in the preferences submenue and define a new colum
> title "length" with column format "Packet length (bytes)". Then I save the
> preferences. But the changed columns are not saved in the preferences
> file.

Unfortunately, you currently have to exit Ethereal and restart it for
those preferences to take effect; however, it worked for me, in a source
tree built from current CVS (which is identical to the just-released
0.8.19).

> I will now try to change the preferences file with an editor. What is the
> right format ("%?") for the frame length?

The file that the "Save" button in the "Preferences" dialog box saved
has "%L".