Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Building (t)ethereal

From: Jonny Robertson <jonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:44:58 +1200 (NZST)
Hi folks,

New to the list - hopefully this question isn't asked
every second day.  :))   Couldn't see it in a FAQ anywhere.

Is it possible to compile and install _only_ tethereal onto
a machine?

I have a very stripped down box that I don't particularly want
to put GTK+ etc. onto... but I would like a better cmd line monitoring
tool than tcpdump.

Is there a way to compile tethereal on its own?  Or is there a forked
piece of code somewhere that can be built seperately?

Thanks in advance,
Jonny

Wellington,
New Zealand