Ethereal-users: Re: [ethereal-users] Need help with ring purges

From: Ralf Schönian <Ralf.Schoenian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:30:41 +0200
Hello Gilbert,

From my experience, I'd look first take the NAUN machine off the ring and
see if things get better. I've seen many TR cards go crazy, and they simply
have to be replaced.

So I did, I will see what happens with this pc turned off.

For a good book on Token-Ring, I recommend:

        NetWare LAN Analysis, Second Edition
        Laura A. Chappell and Dan E. Hakes
        (c) 1994 Novell, Inc.
        Novell Press, San Jose.
        ISBN: 0-7821-1362-1

Yes, it's a NetWare book, but it has some of the easiest-to-understand
explanations of how token-ring works that I've seen.

Thanks for your help. I will try to get the book over a German book shop and learn as much about Token Ring as I can. I hope I can ask some more stupid questions until I hold the book in my hands.

Thanks to all in this mailing list, who answered my questions and thanks for this great program.

With kindes regards, R. Schoenian